Contact Partners InnovOcean site
The InnovOcean site at the Wandelaarkaai in Ostend is a world-class oceanographic centre. In addition to the Flanders Marine Institute, the former warehouses of the Ostend fish market also accommodate a few internationally renowned institutions active in marine and maritime research and research support.
The InnovOcean site, located at the Wandelaarkaai in Ostend, is a world-class oceanographic centre. The former warehouses of the Ostend fish market now accommodate not only the Flanders Marine Institute (VLIZ) but also a few internationally renowned institutes active in the field of marine and maritime research and research support.
The following institutions are currently housed at the InnovOcean site:
- UNESCO/IOC Project Office for IODE
- European Marine Board (EMB) secretariat
- European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet) secretariat
- Regional Office Coast - Province of West Flanders - Regional Cooperation Coast
- Regional Office Coast - Province of West Flanders - Coastal Environmental Education Centre
- Regional Office Coast - Cultural Heritage cell
The proximity of these institutions manifests itself in concrete projects and cooperation between the InnovOcean partners.
VLIZ entrance: warehouse 48
Entrance of UNESCO Project Office for IODE and Regional Office Coast: warehouse 61
Entrance of EMB and EMODnet: warehouse 68
For more information on the staff working at the InnovOcean site.